Come and join the trip to the Great Wall with Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., President of the University of Notre Dame, and the UND delegation!
Organized by the University of Notre Dame Asia Office and the Notre Dame Alumni Club in Beijing (Joe Keil, president, ND Alumni Club in Beijing and Jonathan Noble, director, Asia office)
All Notre Dame alumni, friends, current and incoming students and their parents are welcome to join this event.
Date: Saturday, July 2, 2011
Meeting Time: 8:15 am. The bus will depart promptly at 8:30 am.
Meeting Place: Outside the main entrance to The Peninsula Hotel (http://www.peninsula.com/Beijing/en/default.aspx). The bus will arrive at 8:15 am.
|8:30-10:30 am||Drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall (http://www.mutianyugreatwall.net/)|
|10:30-11:00 am||Take the cable car up|
|11:00-1:00 pm||Free time on the Great Wall
(Note: The UND President’s delegation will depart at noon for the airport.)
|1:00-3:00 pm||Lunch at the Schoolhouse (pay on your own)
(Click to see detail for Schoolhouse)
|3:00 pm||Bus departs the Great Wall|
|Return to the Peninsula Hotel by 5 PM.|
Cost: 200 RMB per person, including round-trip transportation, entrance ticket, and round-trip cable car tickets. Cash will be collected on the bus. The cost does not include lunch.
Registration is required. Please register by Tuesday, June 28.
Members of the President’s Delegation:
- Reverend John I. Jenkins, C.S.C, President, University of Notre Dame
- Dr. Nicholas Entrikin, Vice President & Associate Provost for Internationalization
- Dr. Frances Shavers, Chief of Staff and Special Assistant to the President
Frances Shavers博士, 办公室主任，校长特别助理
- Mr. Dave Morrissey, Assistant Vice President for University Relations
- Dr. Jonathan Noble, Provost’s Advisor for Asia Initiatives and Director of the Asia Office